The Ultimate Acai Bowl
The morning is a perfect time to get maximum nutrition from your breakfast bowl. The Acai Bowl allows you to increase your Essential Fatty Acids, Vitamins, Minerals, Protein, just by adding an extra tablespoon of your chosen boost to your mix. An Acai Bowl doesn’t need to be just a treat that you have at your local breakfast haunt, it can be an every day breakfast made right in your home.
Ingredients and Preparation
- 1 Acai Raw Portion (100% Acai frozen block like these from Amazonia)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water (high in essential and trace minerals)
- 1/2 banana (High in potassium and other minerals)
- 1tbsp Chia Seeds (packed with Essential Fatty Acids, protein, minerals and fibre)
- 1tbsp Coconut Oil (good fats and a mineral boost)
- Handful frozen berries (Organic are best, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- Homemade Superfood Muesli with Honest to Goodness Cacao Nibs, Goji Berries and Coconut mixed with Loving Earth Caramelised Bukinis.
- Soften Acai block in some cold water, just enough so you can cut the end and the Acai comes out of the plastic easily.
- Place all ingredients, (except Superfood Muesli), into the blender and blend.
- Top with Muesli and chopped fruit (optional)
- Acai can be purchased from your local Health Food Store.
- You can add a serve of Teresa Cutter Pea Protein powder for a boost in protein.
- The Raw Muesli adds to your nutrient punch with more protein, vitamins, minerals and essential fats.