Raw Kale Salad Packed with Nutritious Goodness
Some people hear the words raw and kale together and do a little vom in their mouth. Lol. I can guarantee you that this recipe is not only easy to make, it is fresh, delicious, and packed with nutrient dense superfoods and good fats to give your body the love it deserves.
- 2 cups finely chopped Kale (I used frilly kale)
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli
- handful chopped Mint
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Activated Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Goji Berries
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Generous pinch of Sea Salt
- Place kale into a bowl, add olive oil and massage the kale for around 2 minutes. This will soften and infuse the kale with the olive oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- You may need to drizzle a little more olive oil, to taste.
- Serve. Eat. Moan with delight.
- Serves two for lunch, or four as a side.
- As always, organic produce is preferred. I’m of the opinion that if you’re going to give your body something amazing like this salad, why include ingredients that are covered in herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, etc, that disrupt regular body functions. Nourish with organic.
- The raw greens in this salad are a fantastic way to boost your daily folate, which is spoiled when leafy greens are cooked. If you have the MTHFR Polymorphism, it is important to include raw leafy greens in your food intake.