Cauliflower Pizza with Pesto Topping
Oooo yes, it tastes good! I was a cauliflower pizza skeptic too, but there’s a trick to making it, and it’s not only delicious, but extremely healthy for you. Grain Free, which means it’s wheat free, gluten free, is Paleo (if you’re that way inclined), packed with nutrients from the vegies and topping…. shall I continue :). It’s ace, take my word for it.
- 1 cauliflower
- 100g ground almonds
- 1-2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- bunch basil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tomato sliced
- handful basil
- buffalo mozzarella or vegan cheese
- Heat oven to 200C fan forced.
- Remove the leaves from cauliflower and trim stalk off. Cut cauliflower into chunks and blitz in food processor until finely chopped. (important note: blitz the cauliflower in two batches as one will be too much for processor).
- Fill a large pot with an inch of water, and bring to the boil.
- Add riced cauliflower and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Lay a clean tea towel inside a strainer in the sink, and pour the cooked riced cauliflower into the tea towel.
- Allow to cool, bundle the outside of the tea towel so you can wring the cauliflower through it. Use a wooden spoon to press on the outside of the tea towel to get out as much water as possible.
- Lay out baking paper on your baking tray or pizza stone.
- Pour cauliflower onto the baking tray and shape into desired shape with hands. The mixture will make a round pizza to fit a pizza stone perfectly.
- Place in oven and cook for 40minutes.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blitz
- Spread pesto over cooked pizza base
- Lay sliced tomato and chunks of buffalo mozzarella
- Cook in oven for 10minutes
Place torn basil on cooked pizza, slice and serve.